Dr. Christoph Nolden
Christoph Nolden represents German and international clients in the areas of corporate and public take-over law as well as on questions of corporate compliance and corporate governance.
Particularly, he is focused on cross-border transactions, in particular tender offers and takeovers, subsequent group integration tools, corporate restructuring and IPOs. Christoph Nolden has gained substantial expertise in preparing and managing the execution of general meetings of stock corporations and structuring and implementing transformations, recapitalizations, squeeze outs, domination agreements and other corporate actions. His expertise also comprises the representation of public companies and members of the boards in complex corporate litigation and arbitration proceedings and the settlement of contested transactions.
- Publicly traded companies in connection with the preparation and execution of general meetings and board topics
- Listed and non-listed companies in connection with capital measures, squeeze outs and other structural transactions under company law, i.a. Linde AG, Fresenius Medical Care KGaA, Degussa AG, DEPFA plc
- Listed companies and investors in connection with takeover offers, i.a. investors group in connection with the takeover of KHD Humboldt Wedag International AG and Celesio AG, Elliott Associates on the takeover of Techem AG, Linde AG in connection with the takeover of BOC,Schwarz Pharma AG in connection with the USB’s takeover; Degussa AG in connection with the takeover by RAG (today EVONIK); Cinven & BC Partners on their takeover of Amadeus S.A.
- Certain investors and investor groups in connection with the execution and enforcement of shareholder rights and corporate legal disputes between shareholders
- Asset Finance Houses in connection with the development and structuring of innovative financing of commercial aircrafts, rolling stock and railway infrastructure and on legal and regulatory questions of the German Banking Act and the German Investment Code
- Specialized Commercial Bank in connection with audits and objections of the Federal Central Bank and the Deposit Protection Fund
- Aareal Bank AG in connection with the application of support measures under the Financial Market Stabilization Fund and various questions of corporate and capital markets law
- Various enterprises in connection with M&A, Joint Venture and investment transactions, i.a. Daimler AG on the sale of EADS shares, Sanofi S.A. on several acquisitions, Founding Shareholders of juwi Group regarding the investment of MVV; Family investor in the sale of a 25% stake in Tom Tailor Group to the Chinese Fosun Group; City of Worms on the proposed acquisition of a hospital, Industrial enterprise on the sale of its South African subsidiary (MBO), listed financial institution on the proposed acquisition of a real estate finance bank; Hitachi Power Europe GmbH on the acquisition of a producer of power plant boilers; Beiersdorf AG on the sale of Hirtler GmbH to Budelpack International B.V.; General Atlantic on its investment in Navigon AG and various other acquisitions; AudioDev S.A. on the acquisition of STEAG ETA; Various private equity firms on investments in German non-listed companies; OKALUX on its US-Joint Venture.
- Managing Directors and Supervisory Board Members on questions of responsibility and liability, i.a. a former managing director and a former supervisory board member of Hypo Real Estate Holding AG in connection with shareholder actions and director’s liability claims; Managing Director of a listed media company against shareholder claims; former board member of Siemens AG in connection with the so called “corruption affair”; former CEO of a Tec-Dax-Company against shareholder actions and director’s liability claims.
- "Das Wirtschaftsstabilisierungsfondsgesetz im aktienrechtlichen Kontext" erschienen, DStR 2020, 800 ff. (with Dr. Matthias Heusel and Dr. Maximilian Goette)
- Anmerkung zu BGH v. 25.09.2018 II ZR 190/17 (acting in concert), EWiR 2018, 741 (with Dr. Matthias Heusel)
- Das Abstraktionsprinzip im urheberrechtlichen Lizenzverkehr, Kiel 2005
Education & Engagement
- Member of "VGR - Wissenschaftliche Vereinigung für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht"
- Member of German-American Lawyers' Association
- University of Kiel (Dr. iur.)
- University of Heidelberg
- Copenhagen Business School
- Languages: German, English