With a focused Asia Desk, SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz offers clients comprehensive support in all commercial law matters arising from the strong economic interdependence between Asian and European countries.
SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz provides advice to clients from Asia in Germany and Europe and, conversely, to clients from Germany and other European countries in Asia. Advice in Asia is provided in cooperation with selected partner law firms with whom we regularly have long-standing successful working relationships.
A particular focus of SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz's Asia Desk is on the economically important markets of China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, India, Indonesia and the Philippines.
We are familiar with current developments in legal relations with Asia and actively participate in them, for example in foreign trade law (investment control) and supply chain protection.
Many members of SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz's Asia Desk have relevant language skills, some of them as native speakers, or longer personal work experience on the ground. Therefore, as well as due to our track record, we are very familiar with the different requirements in the individual jurisdictions - for example, due to their respective legal traditions, economic structure and decision-making processes.
Range of services
Advising Asian companies on investments and business activities in Europe in all areas of commercial law, such as
- Setting up a company, including setting up a joint venture
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Real estate transactions
- Tax structuring, tax optimisation and advice
- Customs duties, levies and anti-dumping proceedings
- Protection of intellectual property, including registration, defence, judicial and extrajudicial enforcement of trademarks, patents and know-how
- Labour law and personnel, restructuring under labour law
- Development and support of sales organisations and franchise systems
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation under all relevant arbitration rules
Together with leading local law firms, Schilling Zutt & Anschütz advises European companies on their business in Asia in the following areas:
- Direct investment in Asia and its expansion
- Project financing in Asia
- Infrastructure projects in Asia, including turnkey projects
- Mergers & Acquisition in Asia
- Establishment and dissolution of joint venture companies in Asia
- Due Diligence in Asia
- Supply chain protection
- Tax law in cross-border relations
- Arbitration and Mediation in Asia
- Support in disputes before state courts
- Industrial property rights in Asia