Silvio Cappellari, LL.M. (Columbia)
Silvio Cappellari advises German and international companies on the entire spectrum of German and EU antitrust law.
Silvio Cappellari is a of counsel in SZA's competition team. Based in the Brussels office, he advises German and international companies on the entire spectrum of German and EU antitrust law. A particular focus of his work is on complex merger control proceedings before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office, as well as on coordinating merger filings in other jurisdictions. Moreover, he is also representing clients in international cartel investigations, repeatedly so before the EU Courts. He also regularly advises on abuse of dominance and compliance issues. Silvio Cappellari has particularly strong experience in the energy, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and transport/logistics sectors.
ExpertiseAntitrust & Competition Law
Silvio Cappellari is a very clever guy effuse peers who endorse his strong practice in the competition space, an area in which he is very knowledgeableWhos Who Legal 2019
- Merger control advice to, inter alia, Daimler, Axel Springer, BASF, Siemens, General Electric, NBC, Mitsubishi Corporation and Novartis.
- Defense of clients in cartel proceedings before the EU Commission, the EU Courts and the German Federal Cartel Office, inter alia in the air freight and power cable cartels
- Representation of various clients in abuse of dominance proceedings before the EU Commission and the EU Courts, inter alia in the energy sector
- Commentary on Art. 8 FKVO as well as on Sections 43, 51 and 52 of the Act against Restraints of Competition in the Frankfurter Kommentar zum Kartellrecht
- Numerous articles, reviews and other publications on competition law issues, inter alia in EuZW, ZRP and Global Competition Review
Education & Engagement
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- Member of the American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Studies at Georg-August-University of Göttingen
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
- LL.M. studies at Columbia University School of Law, New York
- Languages: German, English, French, Italian