Dr. Michael M. Cohen
Dr. Michael Maxim Cohen (Senior Associate) advises German and foreign clients in connec-tion with M&A transactions, complex corporate law matters and venture capital investments.
Dr Michael Maxim Cohen is an experienced transaction lawyer who assists both strategic and private equity investors in national and international corporate acquisitions, joint ventures and venture capital investments. In this role, he recently assisted in the sales of Gläser & Flaschen GmbH and Gross & Perthun GmbH & Co. KG to US strategy investors, several divestments of the Diebold Nixdorf Group and the sale of a large real estate portfolio by Lone Star controlled ISARIA Wohnbau to Deutsche Wohnen.
In addition to his transaction-related expertise, Dr Cohen has experience in the field of transformation law and capital markets law. He was extensively involved in advising Vitesco in connection with the spin-off from Continental; he was also a member of the SZA team assisting VIB Vermögen with the conclusion of a business combination agreement with DIC Asset.
- The Founders of Vlyby Digital GmbH in connection with the acquisition by Dutch-based Azerion Group N.V.
- The Shareholders of Gläser & Flaschen on the sale of the company to TricorBraun
- The Shareholders of Gross & Perthun GmbH & Co. KG on the sale of their participation to Sherwin-Williams
- Alira Health on the acquisition of the Sourcia Group
- VIB Vermögen AG on the conclusion of a business combination agreement with DIC Asset AG
- Diebold Nixdorf on the sale of its Reverse Vending System Business
- Vitesco on spin-off from Continental and IPO
- SWEET TEC and Inworld on the acquisition of a new production site
- The majority shareholder of Nolte Holzstoff GmbH & Co. KG on establishing a joint venture with the Saviola-Group
- Investors on Series-A-Financing round of 3D-Printer Developer Kumovis GmbH
- ISARIA Wohnbau AG on the sale of major real estate projects to Deutsche Wohnen
- Südzucker AG in connection with a EUR 600 million syndicated loan
- JBM Group on its investment in Linde + Wiemann
- euromicron AG on Funkwerk's entry as strategic anchor investor by means of cash capital increase
- TTP AG on acquisition of Central European subsidiaries from NNE A/S
- Zum Deckungsumfang der W&I-Versicherung bei Unwirksamkeit des Unternehmenskaufvertrags, NZG 2021, S. 143 ff. (gemeinsam mit Dr. Christoph Allmendinger)
- Organbesitz und Organgewahrsam, Schriften zum Bürgerlichen Recht (Dunker & Humblot), Berlin 2016
Education & Engagement
- Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg
- Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg (Dr. iur.)