Dr. Christina Malz, LL.M. (London)
Christina Malz advises on all aspects of European and German antitrust law.
Christina Malz is a counsel at SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz. The main focus of her work is the advice of national and international clients with regard to cartel infringements, cartel damage claims and merger control proceedings and general antitrust law. She represents clients before the EU Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office as well as before national courts and the EU courts in Luxemburg. Recent work, inter alia, includes the representation of a client before the ECJ, which issued a landmark judgment on the burden of proof in cartel damage claims, and the acquittal of a client in the famous German beer cartel as well as the cartel cases on freight forwarding, bathroom fittings, sausages, rail tracks, concrete pipes and paving stones, wallpaper, sweets, and pesticides. Christina Malz also specializes in the organization of antitrust audits, in the implementation of compliance programs and in advice on distribution law.
ExpertiseAntitrust & Competition Law
precise and strategically cleverCompetitor in JUVE Handbuch 2021/2022
- Chambers Global Practice Guide Cartels 2022 Germany (together with Hans-Joachim Hellmann and Sebastian Gröss)
- Frankfurter Kommentar zum Kartellrecht (Articles 9, 22 EMCR)
- »Die Internet-Apotheke in Europa - unter besonderer Berücksichtigung des deutschen und englischen Rechts«, 2003 (Dissertation)
Education & Engagement
- Member of Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- University of Mannheim, Germany (Dr jur)
- Université d'Amiens, Frankreich
- Kings College London, Großbritannien (LL.M.)
- Languages: German, English, French
Dr. Christina Malz,
… very good lawyer with a vaste knowledge base(Competitorin JUVE Handbuch 2015/2016