Below, we are advising you of the collection of personal data when using our websites.
Section 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
- Personal data means all data relating to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user activities.
- The following individual or legal person is the controller as defined by Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH info(at)sza.de (see our Disclaimer). You can reach our data privacy officer Dr. Steffen Henn at datenschutz(at)sza.de or at our mailing address by adding "Datenschutzbeauftragter" (Data Privacy Officer).
- When you contact us by e-mail, we store the data you provided (your e-mail address; if any, your name; and your phone number) to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context when storing the data is no longer necessary or required, or limit processing if there are legal obligations to retain such data.
- If we commission service providers to complete individual functions included in our offer portfolio or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we provide details regarding the respective procedures below. In doing so, we also specify the criteria governing the storage period.
Section 2 Your rights as the data subject
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information regarding your personal data we process. You may request in particular the following information: the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal data are not collected by us, any available information as to their source; as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate or addition of missing personal data stored by us concerning you;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay and we shall have the obligation to erase your personal data unless the processing of your personal data is required to exercise the right of free speech and information, to meet a legal obligation, for reasons of public interests, or to bring forward, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the personal data (for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data); if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR (pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours);
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have those data transmitted to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your consent granted to us at any time. This would result in us no longer being authorized in the future to continue processing data that was based on this consent; and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the regulatory authorities. Typically, you can contact the regulatory authorities at your usual abode or your workplace or our office in this matter.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- When you use the website merely for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data which we require for technical reasons to display our website and to ensure stability and safety (the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) s. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of access
– Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the requirement (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Respective data volume transmitted
– Website requesting access
– Operating system and its surface
– Browser software language and version.
- In addition to the data specified above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by the web server of the party installing the cookie (in this case, this party is us) and attributed to your browser; these cookies transmit specific information to us. Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making the internet offering more user-friendly and efficient overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies the scope and functionalities of which are described below:
- Transient cookies (cf. b)
- Persistent cookies (cf. c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. They store a so-called session ID by means of which various inquiries by your browser can be attributed to the joint session. Thus, your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted once you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a certain period of time which can vary based on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time via your browser settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you desire and, for example, decline third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you might not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but rather by your Flash plug-in. Additionally, we use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your terminal device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you use and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not wish any processing by the Flash cookies, you have to install the corresponding add-on, for example "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using your browser in private mode. Furthermore, we recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browser history on a regular basis.
Section 4 Additional functions and offers on our website
- In addition to the use of our website for information purposes only, we offer various services which you can use if interested. For this purpose, additional personal data is usually required which we use to provide the respective service and for which the above data processing standards apply.
- In some cases we use third-party service providers to process your data. We have selected these service providers with due diligence, they are bound to our instructions, and are reviewed on a regular basis.
- If our providers or partners are domiciled in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will advise you of the consequences of this fact in the specification of our offer.
Section 5 Objection or revocation of the consent to data storage
- If you have granted consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke such consent at any time. Such revocation affects the reliability of the processing of your personal data as soon as you declare it.
- In the event that we base the processing of your personal data based on justified interests, you can object to such processing. This is the case when and if the processing is not necessary or required to perform the contractual agreements entered into with you, which we outline in the following description of the functions. When exercising the right to object, please specify the reasons why we should not process your personal data. If your objection is justified, we verify the facts and either cease to process your data or adjust our processing procedure or present to you our essential reasons worthy of safeguarding based on which we process your data.
- You can certainly object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes and data analysis at any time. You can notify us of your objection to the processing of your data for advertising purposes by contacting us at: SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Otto-Beck-Str. 11, 68165 Mannheim, info(at)sza.de, see our Disclaimer
Section 6 Data disclosure
We do not transmit any of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only forward your personal data when and if:
- we have your explicit consent for such transmission pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a GDPR;
- transmission is required under Art. 6 (1) s. 1 lit. f GDPR to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that your interest in non-disclosure of your data outweighs the interest in the processing of your data;
- there is a legal obligation to transmit the data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) s. 1 lit. c GDPR; and
- we are legally authorized to do so and such transfer is required for processing the contractual relations with you pursuant to Art. 6 (1) s. 1 lt.
Section 7 Newsletter
- You can consent to subscribe to our newsletter in which we keep you posted about current developments in the field of economics and events.
- We use the so-called double-op-in procedure for the subscription of our newsletter. That means, we send an email after your registration to the e-mail address provided; in this e-mail we ask you to confirm that you wish to subscribe to the newsletter. Furthermore, we store the respective IP addresses used as well as the date of the registration and the consent. The purpose of this procedure is to provide confirm your registration and, if any, resolve any incidents in which your personal data is misused.
- Your e-mail address is the sole mandatory information for the subscription to the newsletter. After the confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a GDPR.4
- You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from it. You can revoke consent by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to newsletter(at)sza.de or by sending a message to the contact information provided in the Disclaimer.
- Please note: when we send the newsletter, we analyze user activities. For the purpose of this analysis, the emails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels which are stored on your computer. For analysis purposes, we link the data specified in Section 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and a separate ID. The links in the newsletter contain this ID as well. The data is collected exclusively in a pseudonymized format; i.e. the IDS are not linked to your other personal data; thus, direct personal identification is excluded.
Section 8 Web analytics
- This website uses the web analysis service Matomo to analyze the use of our website and be able to improve the experience on a regular basis. Based on the statistics derived, we are able to improve our offers and structure these offers in a manner that is more interesting for you as the user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Art. 6 (1) s. lit. f GDPR.
- Here, you can decide whether a unique web analysis cookie can be stored in your browser to enable the website provider to record and analysis various statistical data. To prevent storage of such cookies, in this case, Matomo stores a cookie on your computer for this analysis (for details see Section 3). If this cookie is deleted, the blockage is deactivated. If you decide against storage of a unique web analysis cookie, click the following link to place the Matomo deactivation cookie on your browser:
The opt-out is not displayed due to your current privacy settings.
- Cookies are stored on your computer for this analysis (for details see Section 3). The controller stores the information thus collected exclusively on their server in Germany. You can obtain discontinuation of the analysis by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. Please note that if you prevent the storage of cookies, you might not be able to use this and other websites in full (see also Section 8 (2)) You can prevent any storage of cookies via your browser settings.
- This website uses Matomo with the “AnonymizeIP” extension. Thus, IP addresses are processed in an abbreviated manner which ensures that any direct relation to persons is excluded. We do not merge the IP address transmitted via Matomo with data we collect.
- The Matomo program is an open-source project. For information provided by the third-party provider regarding data protection, see https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/
Section 9 Social media
- We do not deploy any social media plug-ins on our website. If our website symbols contain social media provider icons (e.g., Xing or LinkedIn), we use these merely for passive linkage to the respective provider’s pages.
- Integration of Google Maps
a) We are using the Google Maps service on this website. Thus, we are able to display interactive maps for you directly within the website and enable you to use the map function conveniently.
b) When you visit the website, Google is notified that you have accessed the specific page of our website. In addition, the data specified in Section 3 of this Policy. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account to which you are logged in or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data is directly attributed to your account. If you do not wish that your data is attributed to your Google profile, you must sign out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or customized design of their website. Such analysis is conducted in particular (even for users not logged in) to provide customized advertisement and to inform other users of the social media network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; you must address your objection to Google.
c) For further information regarding the purpose and scope of the data collection and the processing of the data by the plug-in provider see the provider’s data privacy policies. They also provide you with additional information regarding your rights and options to stop collection or processing to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google processes your personal data also in the United States and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield; https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Section 10 Data security
- Within the website visit, we use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the respective highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is typically 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether a particular page of our website is transferred in an encrypted manner when you see the closed key - or the lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
- Moreover, we use appropriate technical and organizational safety measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or against unauthorized third-party access. We consistently improve our safety measures based on state-of-the-art technology.