Philipp von Ploetz
Philipp von Ploetz has many years of international experience in advising on capital markets and M&A transactions, including capital markets litigation and compliance.
Philipp von Ploetz has many years of experience in advising companies and banks on capital market transactions such as the issuance, listing and trading of securities. In addition to IPOs, initial public offerings, capital increases and block trades, Mr von Ploetz advises in particular on corporate, exchangeable, hybrid and high yield bonds. For example, he has advised Volkswagen, Südzucker and HypoVereinsbank on share and bond issues.
Another focus of his advice is on issues of capital market compliance, i.e. the ongoing observance of follow-up obligations under capital markets law, such as ad hoc-publicity and insider law. Having represented, inter alia, Volkswagen and Bayer in investor lawsuits, Mr von Ploetz has practical experience in the defence of alleged breaches of capital markets obligations and the internal investigation of corresponding allegations.
Mr. von Ploetz also advises on M&A transactions and public takeovers and has specific regional experience in Central and Eastern Europe and China.
Prior to joining SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz, Mr. von Ploetz worked for Clifford Chance for over ten years in their Frankfurt and Moscow offices and before that for Linklaters in Frankfurt.
- Bayer AG in defending against investor lawsuits alleging breaches of disclosure obligations under capital markets law in connection with the Monsanto takeover
- Volkswagen AG in the defence against claims for damages (outside the USA and Canada) and representation vis-à-vis BaFin in connection with alleged breaches of disclosure obligations under capital markets law concerning the diesel issue
- Südzucker AG in connection with its European Commercial Paper Programme
- Selling shareholder of Vapiano SE in its IPO
- Major shareholder regarding the restructuring of Metro AG
- Südzucker International Finance B.V. on two bond issues
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG on the increase of a high yield bond and extension of the syndicated credit line
- Barclays plc on its rights issue capital increase
- Grohe Group in a dual track process
- Telegraaf Media Groep N.V. on the sale of its stake in ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG in a convertible bond issue
- Volkswagen International Finance N.V. on a mandatory convertible bond with US placement
- Hamborner REIT AG in two rights issues
- Adler Modemärkte AG in its IPO
- Porsche Automobil Holding SE in a rights issue with US placement
- Nordex SE in a capital increase without subscription rights with US placement
- RIB Software AG in its IPO with US placement
- Volkswagen AG in a rights issue with pre-placement (incl. USA)
- Evonik Industries AG on its debut bond
- UniCredit S.p.A. in a rights issue with dual listing
- Bayerische Hypo- und Vereinsbank AG in its Debt Issuance Programmes
- Evonik Industries AG in a dual track process
- Alemannia Aachen GmbH on the issue of a fan bond
- Munich Re on the issue of a hybrid bond
- Allianz in the acquisition of a Russian insurance group
- B&L Immobilien AG in a dual track process
- DSC Arminia Bielefeld on the issue of a fan bond
- AMCO CEE Real Estate Opportunities SCA SICAR in the structuring of a fund
- Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) in the project financing of a waste incineration plant in Moscow
- Eckes-Granini on a production joint venture in Russia
- Hochtief AG on a capital increase and the issue of an exchangeable bond
- OHB Teledata AG in its IPO
- New Sentimental Film AG in its IPO
- Wapme Systems AG in its IPO
- Habersack/Mülbert/Schlitt, Unternehmensfinanzierung am Kapitalmarkt, 3. Auflage, 2013 & 4. Auflage, 2019
- Anders/von Ploetz, Frankfurt Exchange Eases Rules For Non-E.U./EEA Issuers of GDRs, World Securities Law Report, September 2008, S. 11
Education & Engagement
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Deutsch-Finnische Gesellschaft e.V.
- Regular lecturer on capital markets law at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- Languages: German, English, Finnish, French, Russian