Michael Szymczak advises our clients on national and international tax law, in particular in the area of corporate tax law.
Michael Szymczak advises our clients on national and international tax law, in particular in the area of corporate tax law. He advises our clients on current taxation as well as on transactions, restructurings and financial disputes. A further focus of his practical work is advising on VAT issues.
- Advising a university in its cooperation with a medical center on the VAT treatment of various service relationships
- Advising and representing a globally known company in the area of tire manufacturing in a tax audit issue
- Advising a listed US corporation and leading global technology company on ongoing taxation and dispute matters in both domestic and international cases
- Legal analysis of share transactions conducted by employees of a nationally known bank before and after dividend record dates
- Advising a North Rhine-Westphalian energy provider in trade tax matters
- Tax due diligence-reports concerning various medium-sized target companies
- Advising an international English law firm on various tax issues
- Writing legal opinions and requests for binding opinions by the tax authorities with regard to planned corporate structures
- "Scandinavian Tax Courts Issue Disparate Judgments On the Scope of EU Freedoms", Tax Notes International, Volume 106, May 16 2022, p. 907 et seqq. (with Dr. Marcus Schnabelrauch and Dr. Marcus Schnabelrauch)
- "Umsatzsteuerrechtliche Behandlung der Leistungen von Rechtsberatern und Testamentsvollstreckern – Ein Leitfaden", UStB 8/2019, p. 248 et seqq.
- "Umsatzsteuerrechtliche Vergünstigungen für gemeinnützige Unternehmen – unionsrechtswidrige Beihilfen?", UR 22/2018, p. 853 et seqq. (together with Dr. Hans-Georg Berg)
Education & Engagement
- Heidelberg University
- Languages: German, Polish, English, French